A variety of lasers are now the main-stay of dental treatment. Almost every aspect of dental care can be enhanced with adjuvant laser therapy. The Advantages include:-
- Painless, bloodless procedures and surgery
- Local anesthesia injections can be avoided in most cases
- No stitches required
- Reduced need for post-operative antibiotics and painkillers
- Reduced post-operative swelling and discomfort
- Quicker recovery
Few important applications of lasers in dentistry are:-
- Reducing sensitivity of teeth (Laser desensitizing) – When multiple teeth are sensitive due to gum recession or excess enamel wear, dental laser can significantly reduce the sensitivity.
- Laser Bleaching – Tooth whitening done with lasers, leads to lesser sensitivity when compared to the conventional method. Leads to lesser post-operative sensitivity.
- TMJ Pain – laser root canal treatment in chennai are shown to be very effective in treating joint pains